People's fear...

Before I came to  Morocco many people made comments advising that Moroccan people did not like African Americans, non-Arab, darker skin people. This was far from the truth. From the moment I got off the plane, the kids and I were showered with acceptance, love and compassion.  I never once felt other people's fears.  I think as American's the media has made the rest of the world a  "big bad place" and only America is safe and accepting of African Americans.  But this is not true and far from the truth.  Were accepted and loved and not judge by the color of our skin abroad.  My son will never be shot dead for the color of his skin in Morocco.

Hence, America history of racism played a heavy part in African American fear and how they think the world perceives us.  I'm not saying their not racism around the world what I'm saying is that it's not how everyone suggests.  The best way to conquer fear is to venture out not just the Caribbean, but Turkey, Russia, Ireland and many other countries and see that the world and embrace all.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free music Downloads πŸŽΌπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽ›πŸŽš

Thiouraye (Senegal incense)

Looking to relocate to Senegal πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡³