Renting an apartment in Marrakesh πŸ‡²πŸ‡¦

When we first came to Morocco I was not sure on pricing or what neighborhood I wanted to rent so I rented a long-term Airbnb apartment.  This gave me time to search areas and apartments.  I found several realtors who were willing to show apartments but be careful because of all realtors in Marrakech request 1-month rent (non-refundable) if you choose to rent one of their client's apartments.  Which in the states usually the landlord pays this fee.  Also usually 1000 dirham is asked for electric and water deposit and 1st and last month rent and sometimes deposit. So if the apartment is 2000 dirham a month you would need 9000 dirhams to rent a furnished apartment.

In addition, try and stay away from tourist areas because people try and list their unit for more than what it's worth.  In Marrakech, 1 bedroom furnished usually cost around 2000-2500 dirham, 2 bedrooms around 3000-3500 dirham, and townhouse furnished usually 4000-4500 dirham a month.  Utilities usually vary depending consumption.  The cooking gas is 40 dirham and usually can get at a local store which Marrakech have on every street.  The apartment should come with satellite TV.

Now with the internet, I suggest Maroc telecom for unlimited internet for 200 dirhams a month.  In Marrakesh, you go to Marjane on Route Casablanca or Menara Mall for installation both locations have someone that speak English.  And remember when they come to install the guys expect 50-100 dirham and your first bill will be 300-400 dirham but every bill after should be 199-200 dirham a month and contracts are 1-year contracts.  You can pay at almost any Maroc location.  And one good note you can only get 2 months behind before they turn off your internet πŸ˜‚, I learned this lesson because hey I like to live on the edge hahaha

One great community which I live and love is Al Qaria Assiyahia. They have a pool and only one entrance and exit.  Inside the community, they have their own restaurants, stores, tour guides, car rental, realtor, and pharmacy.  My landlord has 3 available units she rents year round so if you are looking for long-term or short-term or you just visiting Marrakech for a week or just 1 day she would be able to accommodate you and she speaks perfect English.

I hope this post helped with renting in Marrakech.  Till next time my friends.

xoxo
Rea πŸ’‹♥

P.S. If you like to rent or need a vacation hotel in Marrakech, leave a comment with your email & I'll send my landlord #, she is on WhatsApp & IMO.  Happy traveling!!!!  Here pictures below of our community & one of my landlord's rentals.   She has 3 available.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free music Downloads πŸŽΌπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽ›πŸŽš

Thiouraye (Senegal incense)

Looking to relocate to Senegal πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡³