Living in a Muslim country πŸ‡²πŸ‡¦ vs πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

We arrived in Marrakech in October 2015 with the intention of only staying couple of months then moving on like a good gypsy family does.πŸ˜‚  But hit a snag in our plans when I overstayed my visa & was barred from leaving Morocco until I fix my tourist visa.  So I automatically perceived this as a sign not to go to Germany and to just remain in Morocco till I can fix my visa.  Now almost 6 months later were ready to leave and preparing to fix my visa.  But this lead to my understanding of how I was treated by Moroccan officials compared to my own country treatment of illegal immigrants during our current political climate.


But let's back up to reflect on my love for the Moroccan people & country.  We arrived and automatically felt home.  The people, places and even the animals were SO nice to the kids and I.  I encounter mean people but I encounter more nice than mean.  I haven't experienced any violence against women, any things the media portrays of Muslim countries.  I observed a country filled with people who are extremely proud to be Moroccan & Muslim.  They don't make me feel uncomfortable, they don't make me cover my hair or body.  I walk freely throughout Marrakech with ease.  My children are able to play outside without worries of the dangers that plague children in the states like a child rapist, murders and just plain crazy people who take pleasure in hurting children for sadistic gain.


Over the next couple weeks, I will be fixing my visa for preparation to leave Morocco which I have mixed feelings because I have a great landlord and great neighbors and awesome neighborhood which we live in.  I've been advised that I need to go to the police station & pay the fine & go to court to fix my visa and then they send a notification to the airport that I can leave Morocco.  As I watch American news and see how illegals are treated I'm grateful to Morocco for its humanity and hopes it will never lose its humane treatment of illegal immigrants.  The kids and I have learned a lot over the last 18 months while living in Morocco, patience, kindness, understanding and unconditional love.  I'll share in a later post how to fix visa issues in Morocco.  But in the meantime what are some of your misconception of someone religion?  And how did you overcome the misconception?

“I have always considered myself a person with a gypsy heart, and I 
Surrender my dreams to my soul, for it's a free sprit who believes in no boundaries of region and religion.” 
― Megha Khare



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free music Downloads πŸŽΌπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽ›πŸŽš

Thiouraye (Senegal incense)

Looking to relocate to Senegal πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡³